Saturday, July 25, 2009

WHAT A WEEK!

To start with, we have been able to be where President Monson was twice this week when we weren't expecting it. First was at the 80th anniversary of "Music and the
Spoken Word" last Sunday. It was a great program and Pres. Monson spoke for a short time.
We also went with the Singles ward to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It is so beautiful inside.
The next night, we went to the Draper temple to be with a member of the ward receiving her own endowments. Another very beautiful temple. After the session, we were able to look across the valley and see the Jordan River temple and the Oquirrh Mtn temple. What a sight! Two temples in one city is a first, I think.
We also went to view the floats for the Days of 47 parade. We were really impressed with the quality of the floats. Terry even shed a tear at the more patriotic ones.

Thursday we went hiking in Mill Creek Canyon. We hiked pretty much straight up for 1 1/2 miles. Which meant the same straight down, which turns out is harder for us than the up. No pictures, but definitely worth returning and a great place to take kids.


Friday, was rodeo night. Yes, this is Whiplash, the rodeo monkey. He and his steed rounded up a bunch of goats. It was great. Then for the 2nd time this week of seeing Pres Monson, we were surprised when Whiplash presented him with a present. Pres Monson was sitting about 75 yards from us at the rodeo! Whenever I see him I am reminded of the Savior because he radiates such love. He is a prophet.

We were planning on taking another hike today, but when I woke up I didn't feel so well and when I took my temp...101. Guess we'll stay home. Perks with that too...Terry brought me breakfast in bed; scrambled eggs, toast, sliced tomatoes from our "garden", grapes, and raspberries! What a man!


5 comments:

Molly said...

You make me yearn for kid free days! Oh wait, did I just say that......

tenacious d said...

Why do you have a fever?!? I hope that you're feeling better. Maybe you're feverish from your totally fun week. It sounds awesome.

Tory said...

Man, just hearing about your week made me tired.

Lezlie said...

I couldn't do what you three girls do in a day in a month!

Lisa McLachlan said...

Hey Guys! Check out my blog www.lisamclock.blogspot.com. Tory did an encore to Tyler's "fire dance". I thought you should see it. :)