Saturday, December 27, 2008

A CHRISTMAS OF "FIRSTS"
Terry & I had our first Christmas in many years without the presence of grandchildren, which was sad. We missed and thought about them all. Talking to them, they all had great Christmases, even without us! A first for both of us was spending Christmas in San Diego with Rowdy and Diane. That was a good first. We also went to our first Bowl Game, the Poinsettia Bowl, we rooted for Diane's home team, Boise State, but against the odds they lost, but only by 1 little point. It was much more fun than I anticipated. Terry & Diane are the big football fans so they really enjoyed it, Terry the most. Next "first" involved a trip to the hills along the California/Mexico border where we went for a ride and a little hike. Rowdy tried to lock me in a cell for captured IAs, but I managed to escape! It was interesting to see the Border Patrol at work. Next was a new to us restaurant, The Linkery, for dinner. It was great. Next day, Christmas day, was the first time Terry & I had been on the beach for Christmas. I found a hermit crab (a sure sign of good luck), and had to at least get my feet wet in the Pacific waves. Terry would have if he hadn't been recovering from pnuemonia. Rowdy tried to talk us all into wearing wet suits and going all out, but we weren't having any of that. It was awesome! The day after Christmas, we had to fly home, but before we went to the airport, we had lunch with Diane. After lunch we took a trip to the Museum of Flight & Space (I think that's the name). It is a great place. It rivals the Smithsonian Museum of Same and we spent an entertaining afternoon there. Then as another first for me and for Rowdy, we took a ride in the flight simulator. It was a wild ride. Rowdy piloted us safely off the deck of the aircraft carrier and around the San Diego countryside. This included many steep climbs, nose dives, and barrel rolls which, thanks to the simulator, were very realistic! I think I love to fly upside down and spin over and over. It was the best. Two other firsts for me were playing "Swap" and "Othello", both fun games.
If you ever want to spend a few days with a great couple, have new and interesting experiences, just call up Rowdy and Diane and get ready for the time of your life. Thanks, guys!!!!!

3 comments:

tenacious d said...

Our pleasure! You're welcome any time.

Rowdy said...

Where are the pics?????

Tory said...

I would also like to know where the pictures are!