Saturday, February 7, 2009

GREAT FIRESIDE

Last night Terry and I went to a great fireside presented by General Authority Emeritus Vaughn J. Featherstone. He was amazing. He began with a few stories which I will try to retell, but sorry to say not as well as he did. He told of a young man who asked a beautiful young woman to marry him. She told him to go ask her father. The young man thought, " I knew that her father was dead, and knowing the kind of life that he led, I knew just what she meant when she said,"Go talk to my father".
Another one was about a guy who wanted to give his girlfriend a good night kiss. He felt that he should ask first. After asking her if she would like a sweet good night kiss she replied that she never kissed on the last date!
Anyway, his focus was on love...it's power and never failing greatness. He said that the day men truly learned how to love would be the day they rediscovered fire. I wish I could remember all he said, but there was so much and so many things to take in that I can not do justice to the evening. He also said there is no object more blessed than that which faces adversity, accept that which helps to relieve the adversity. I appreciate his taking the time to talk to our Stake and was blessed by attending.

No comments: