Friday, February 27, 2009

MOM AND WALT

This past week Terry & I went to Klamath Falls to get in a visit with my mom and Walt. A bonus was staying with Molly, Craig, and kids. Mom is not doing very well at all. It is hard to see her unable to care for herself. At times she comes to life and smiles and jokes. Most times she just isn't there. The awesome thing is the way Walt cares for her. He tries to make sure she is happy and keeps her stimulated as much as possible. It is a hard job to be someones full time care giver. Walt does it with love and respect. We went to dinner one night to be with my brothers and Raury and her family. Walt loaded mom into her wheelchair and brought her along so she would be able to enjoy the evening out with everyone. She did.
I put this picture in to show the extent of Walt's concern for my mom. Every day he gets her up, bathes her, dresses her, feeds her, and puts on her makeup, styles her hair and makes sure she is at her best. He has even colored her hair. It was good to see her, maybe for the last time. I love her, and Walt for caring for her so lovingly.

As for Molly, Craig and kids, they are awesome! We had a great time with them, but sorry to say, I was so busy playing with the kids in the time we had, I didn't get any good pictures.
Kole is growing up to be a handsome, fun loving young man who likes to wrestle and snuggle. Chase is so smart and also very handsome. He likes to try to trick me, but I'm too smart! Krew is the funniest little guy. He will talk your leg off and say the most interesting stuff. Christa is a beauty. She snuggled right up to us the minute we got there. She has a good sense of humor and really loves to play with Papa. It was amazing to watch her with him. We love them all.

2 comments:

Tory said...

I have started to write three different comments, and then have erased all of them. I guess I'll just really miss her. I hope you are doing ok. So thankful that Granny has Walt.

Molly said...

That is a very sweet and touching post. Granny is blessed to have Walt, and we are so lucky to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. We love Granny!