Monday, August 11, 2008

A GREAT WEEKEND






Rowdy came to town Thursday and we had a great time. Thursday evening we went to a BBQ at the Money's home and had hand cut steaks. Friday, Rowdy and I went shopping at the Distribution Center and DSW. We had lunch with Terry and then went to Rowdy's meeting at the "U", which turned into 2.5 hours of fun for me in the car, luckily I can always find ways to entertain myself. It was a good meeting for him but I still don't understand why he didn't ask them to hurry it up a bit as his momma was waiting for him!? By the time we got home Jordan, Keiler, Max, and Terry were waiting not so patiently for us. It was the first time Jordan had driven here by herself and she did great. We had a great time waiting for Diane's flight to arrive until the kids had to go home, but Jordan brought everyone back again Saturday. Saturday was the best! More shopping, this time with Diane. Then lunch and off to hike the trail to Donut Falls. It was a repeat for me but this time I made it to the top. It was lots of fun and really beautiful. The Rowdy Bricco family went swimming while I soaked my sore muscles in the tub getting ready for dinner. We went to Cafe Med and had a great dinner. Jordan, Keiler, and Max are great sports and even if Keiler would have ordered something else if he had another chance, there were no complaints and we had fun. Then home for my favorite...SciFi movies on TV. It just doesn't get any better than that!!!!! Oh, and a key lime cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. I really love these guys and enjoy their different perspectives. They are awesome and will yet learn to appreciate the greatness of SciFi movies.


Sunday Terry talked and sang in Sacrament meeting. He is amazing. More food, naps, and a Scrabble game with Rowdy. Together we scored nearly 1500 points! It will be so nice to have them closer and be able to do stuff spontaneously with them.

3 comments:

Tory said...

Sounds like you had a ton of fun. I am sad I missed Dad singing. What did he sing?

tenacious d said...

I have to admit that I like James Taylor, and I like the song you put on your playlist. This DOES NOT make me eligible for AARP, though.

Molly said...

That hike looks gorgeous! I can't believe Rowdy and Diane might end up in Salt Lake. That would be soooo sweet! I miss all the family moments you guys get! When are we all going to be together again. I wait for that day. Love you all!